Spilled Drills? Here Are Tips on How to Clean Them Up
Spilled drills are common when diamond painting.
Diamond painting involves using tiny resin rhinestones, also called drills or diamonds, to create visually appealing sparkling crystal art.
This art form is similar to cross-stitch and paint-by-numbers, but instead of thread or paint, it uses shiny resin pieces to create beautiful and intricate artwork that sparkles and shines in the light.
However, you may end up spilling the drills everywhere in your creative process.
So, what do you do? Do you leave your diamond painting unfinished, or is there a way to clean up all the spilled drills?
Cleaning spilled drills can be frustrating if you don’t know how. It can be dangerous if you leave the mess unattended.
So, to ensure you do not create a choking and slipping hazard for your children and fur babies, here are three tips for cleaning spilled drills.
Tip 1: Use a Sticky Roller
A sticky roller, perfect for cleaning lint, hair or dust, will make it easy to collect the spilled drills, mainly because it has sticky sheets or adhesive paper.
Therefore, you can easily pick the drills as you roll them over the area where the drills have spilled.
A sticky roller also covers a large area; you can pick up many drills with just a few rolls. You can also use it on different surfaces like carpets, clothing, and furniture.
Con: You must replace the adhesive sheets regularly because they can quickly fill up.
Tip 2: Use a Vacuum with a Nylon Stocking
You can pick up spilled drills with a nylon stocking and a vacuum with a nozzle attachment.
The table below shows the benefits of using a nylon stocking and a vacuum to collect tipped-over drills.
|Efficient||It can quickly and easily pick up spilled drills, saving time and effort compared to picking each drill by hand.|
|Cost-Effective||You don’t need to purchase any additional equipment or materials.|
|Reusable||You can remove the nylon stocking and wash or reuse it, making it an eco-friendly option for cleaning up spilled drills.|
When picking the spilled drills using a nylon stocking and a vacuum, you’ll also need a rubber band, or tape.
Then, proceed as follows:
- Turn off and unplug the vacuum cleaner from the power source.
- Cut a piece of the nylon stocking and stretch it over the vacuum cleaner nozzle. Ensure it is secure by using a rubber band or tape.
- Place the nozzle attachment over the spilled drills and turn it on to pick them up with suction. The vacuum cleaner will not suck up the drills, as the nylon stocking protects the motor and prevents filter clogging.
- After picking up all the spilled drills, place the nozzle over a jar or container and turn off the vacuum cleaner. The drills will release from the nylon stocking and fall into the jar.
Con: Some drills can get tangled up in the stockings. This can damage the fabric and require you to replace the stocking after a few uses.
Tip 3: Use Tape and Tweezers
To clean any spilled drills from your diamond painting, you can opt for a simple and affordable way using tape and tweezers, items you can easily find at home.
To use tape to clean spilled drills, follow these steps:
- Cut a piece of tape long enough to cover a specific area where the drills have spilled.
- Stick the tape on the surface and firmly press on the ground to ensure it adheres to the surface.
- Lift the tape easily to avoid folding it in the process.
- Place the tape, sticky side up, on a flat surface, such as a table.
- Using a tweezer, pick up the drills one by one and place them in a jar.
- Repeat the process until you’ve picked up all of the drills.
Con: While using tape and tweezers is a low-cost solution, it is time-consuming and may waste a significant amount of your time.
Buy a Diamond Painting Kit in Canada
If you enjoy the whole artistic process of creating a diamond painting, ensure you thoroughly clean up when you knock over the drills
Failure to do so may result in your loved one choking on them or slipping when they step on them.
You can still enjoy the calming experience of creating a diamond painting without the trouble of spilled drills by learning how to clean them up efficiently.
When you purchase a quality diamond painting kit, you will receive a finished product that has been expertly crafted with the best materials and designs, leaving you in awe of your beautiful sparkling masterpiece.
So, contact us today to purchase a high-quality diamond painting kit that will make you proud of your final piece of art.